Gus' 3rd grade class hosted an "Author's Tea" this week and I signed up to bring cookies - teacup cookies, of course.
Ingredients from bottom to top include:
1. Vanilla sandwich cookie wafer
2. Reese's Peanut Butter Cup
3. Ice cream sugar cone (top 1 1/2-inch)
4. Circle pretzel
5. Filling = whipped chocolate ganache* and chocolate candy melts
* In hindsight, the chocolate ganache was waaaayyyy too bitter for those kids. I saw lots of faces scrunch up when they tasted it. I should have made it out of semi-sweet chocolate chips or milk chocolate. (Bitter chocolate is definitely an acquired taste. And even better, paired with a glass of wine.)
All of the parents were invited to come and listen to their young authors read from the mystery novels they've been working on. Gus' book was called "The Case of the Missing Parrot." I found the storyline to be very similar to the movie "Rio." Coincidence? I don't think so. Delightful? Yes, very much so.
I thought this dedication page was pretty funny.